When: April 9th at 7:30pm
Where: Galeri Petronas, Lot 341-343 - Level 3, Suria KLCC - Kuala Lumpur City Centre - Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Organized by Rahel Joseph
Galeri Petronas website
The 59 Seconds Festival is very pleased to announce that there will be a screening of your video at Galeri Petronas in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) this comming Wednesday, April 9th. A program for the screening has been attached.
For details about Galeri Petronas, please check the Festival
1. 59 languages Petri Ala-Maunus (Finland) 59 languages in 59 seconds.
2. Blind Spots Jenny Vogel (USA) 2005 A close-up of an eye with the reflection of a TV that replaces the pupil as the eye is scanning the images.
3. Me to tango Lucia Warck Meister (Argentina /USA) 2005 A mirrored image of a woman dancing in front of a window depicts her loneliness.
4. Rainstorm Akiko and Masako Takada (UK)
A rainy urban city changing to a rainstorm. A tragic sense of narrative in the vanishing city.
5. 59 Steps (to the Water) Angelica Bergamini (USA) 2008 In a hot summer day, only 59 steps separate me from the sea.
6. If you don’t call me back… Alain K (France) 2004 camera: Sophie Pigeron “Each separation related to our emotional life sends us back to separations which we experienced in our early childhood starting from separating from the mother’s breast.” Necessary Renunciations by Judith Viorst.
7. Beauty No. 4 Victor Barbieri (USA) Beauty No. 4 begs for the suspension of disbelief balancing precariously between, seduction and illusion.
8. Bradycardia Quin Charity (USA) 2007 a calm quiet love letter describes an arrhythmia when the resting heartbeat is slower than 60 beats a minute.
9. 59seconds for…love Serena Calò (Italy) 2006 Ti amo. 5 letters, 9 ways.
10. Drying Maria Lynch (UK) 2007
59 seconds was the precise time it took the panties to get dry, you can try your self.
11. LIX Dubi Kaufmann (USA) 2005 LIX is 59 in Roman numerals and it all started from there…
12. Bah Bah Are Hauffen (Norway) 2005
With an imbecile attitude towards life in rural areas, the sheep came to equal a something with four legs from a child's play in the garden.
13. Bee Petting David Lachman (USA) 2005
Bee Petting explores a childhood memory of petting bees.... Don't try this at home.
14. Weather and Traffic Project 59 (USA) 2006
15. Fast Zoran Dragelj (Canada) 2005 A burst of imaginative dreamy panoramas
16. 59 Random Russian Words Igor Baskin (Russia) 2007 Russian language learning “Express method”
17. A Finger Orchestra Jinho Im (USA) 2006 In a insipid daily life we usually hit fingers on things daily.
18. 59 Worms Carine Doerflinger (Germany) 2006
19. Trumped Autumn Andel, Camera: Christopher Covel, Lighting: Christopher Covel and Rick Guinan, Actors: Autumn Andel and Rick Guinan (USA) 2007 The amount of consumption does not always equal mass
20. 59 Pixels of Grain Aleksey Danilov (Australia) 2008 Music by Nat Andrews Photo by John Hayes
21. Order Sara Rajaei &Hadas Itzkovitch (Iran/Netherlands/Israel) 2005 Arrangement or disposition, relation and rhythm.
22. Extracreato Luca Acito and Dario Carmetano (Italy) 2006, Sound: Heyehela Africa God is the creator in sixty seconds, Satan is the extra-creator in 59.
23. Time is Convention Cristina Pavesi (Italy) 2006 59 seconds … may be extremely long or extremely short, ….
24. Water in Between Sofia Bustorff (Portugal) 2007
25. the métropolitan corrector Robert Schwarz & Anne Le Morvan (France) 2007 In the Parisian subway we are witness of a traveller’s strange behavior.
26. Your race number is 59 Emanuele Napolitano&Francesco Petricca (Italy) 2008 A short experimental movie dedicated to John Michael
Hawthorn… died in mysterious crash in ‘59
27. Pulp Circle 359° 59' 59" J.P.Maruszczak (USA) 2005 Pulping the city 359 degrees, 59 minutes and 59 seconds at a time.
28. Cube Persefoni Marlaka (Greece) 2007 The briefest battle of chance vs logic.
29. 59 Seconds Break Javier J. Plano (Argentina) 2007 this film is intended for this festival exclusively … to give a break to the viewers …
30. annche la parola uccide Gruppo Sinestetico (Italy)
31. ASCENSION Myriam Thyes (Germany) 2004 The glass elevator at the luxurious hotel Marriott Marquis in New York brings you to "heaven" ... We are taught to strive for higher things – success, wealth, honor, enlightenment.
32. The Gods Yan Chung Hsien (Taiwan) 2005 The gods are playing in the playground. The gods are fabric….The gods are oriental. The gods are sentimental.
33. DIZZYWORK 1-4-5-9-8-2 Anka Schmid (Switzerland) 2006-7 Elena has a magic encounter with her working clones. First there are 4, then 5, then 9, 8 and 2 of her. Is it real or just a dream?
34. There is an error Daniel Fiamozzi (Italy) 2008 A transmission of an indecipherable sequence of words and numbers… A perplexing discourse forming by images and words without sense…
35. Sign 59 Irina Danilova (USA) 1998-2006 Apex of urban minute.
36. Blank (59 strangers) Estelle Artus (France) 2006
37. 59 Memories About Landscape And People Stefano Giannotti (Italy) 2008 A series of 59 visual memories… connected with 59 different notes played on piano.
38. Miss Concetta Lello Lopez (Italy) 2007
She lives in solitude, she lives on her memories. ”59”is a date that represents a happy moment in her sad life.
39. 59 Shoots Antonello Matarazzo (Italy)
40. 59 Catches Regina Vater (USA) 2006
Images of sailing and fishing as metaphors for works of culture.
41. Take For Granted Isidore Bethel (USA) 2005
A shirt escapes the laundry unbeknownst to its owner.
42. Dance in 59 Seconds Herve Constant (UK) 2007 music by Carlo Ponte … Everyone was doing their own thing …it was peaceful, glorious …
43. Dance all night Esther Harris (UK) 2002
A condensation of a section of the ballet “The Nutcracker”, directly from the television screen, a dream is transcribed into a nightmare
44. cart-ography Lora Alaniz (USA) 2005
A real-time video documenting the mundane existence of a shopping cart's wheel.
45. 59 Revolutions Mike Ricos and Caroline Louis (USA) 2007 A fan turns. A series of 59 revolutionary images are shown.
46. Streetymades Andrew Eyman / USA 2004
Collection of photos taken in the streets of Paris as a sort of recycled tribute to Marcel Duchamp with Edith Piaf accompaniment.
47. Rubro 59 - Servicios Utiles para la Mujer y el Hombr Damián Durán (Argentina) 2007 Be careful with your fantasies… they can become real.
48. Hypochondria Mariana Bertoldi Youssef (Brazil) 2007 Sound Atelier do Vitche After 58 diseases, a man concludes he is sick again.
49. U-turn Franz Wanner (Germany) 2006
Having and being breakfast.
50. Pen and Paper Emily Broadbent (Australia) 2007 A mysterious message is being written!
51. Perfect Family Project 59 (USA) 2005 with Sarah, Rosa, Yelena Lidsky, Ignat Ayzenberg and dog Laila. Every family has mementos… Sometime you have to stop breakfast in order to catch one.
52. 59 Pellets David Lachman (USA) A short video about Zami, a cat with a will to eat. She loves her pellets and won't be distracted for too long.
53. The Twins Carine Doerflinger (Germany) 2002 Two mice run one after another and try to catch up.
54. The Bourgeois Carine Doerflinger (Germany) 2004 The pigs are like the bourgeois, aren't they?
55. Twenty-Six Randall Wakerlin (USA) One self portrait every day for a year.
56. Moustache Avi Dabach (Israel) 2007
Eli is shaving in front of the mirror, making faces to himself. What if he get stuck with one of them?
57. Hitler, the First Superstar Darya Zhuk (Belarus) 2004 A study in deconstruction of Leni Refienstahl's Triumph des Willens famous sequence. Hitler's speech at Nuremberg rally is edited to leave him speechless on the podium.
58. Both Ends David Lachman (USA) 2005 A meditation on burning the candle at both ends. 59. 59 Endings Andrew Eyman (USA) 2006 Video montage of endings from films made during the Golden Era of 1950s Hollywood.